Your fundraising strategy
Date and time: Friday 7th February 2020, 10am – 4pm
Venue: Taunton, TBC
Course leader: Jane Galloway, Arclight Solutions
This workshop will enable people (volunteers and staff) involved in managing fundraising to develop a fundraising strategy for their organisation. A good, clear fundraising strategy is key to your success and essential in helping to keep your organisation on track with its fundraising goals and to get the best returns from your time, resources and budget. An organisation’s fundraising strategy is an integral part of its wider business/strategic plan and it should be relevant, fit for purpose and communicated to stakeholders.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify and prioritise your short, medium and long term strategic fundraising goals
- Research and use the relevant information required to build your strategy
- Analyse past performance in order to inorm ‘more profitable’ future activities
- Identify and evaluate the best fundraising sources for your organisation
- Integrate different forms of fundraising into your plan
- Identify the risks associated with your strategy and how to manage them
- This workshop will equip you with the knowledge, skills and techniques to develop and successfully implement a great fundraising strategy.
Key resources to cascade to your team after:
This is an interactive course, with relevant exercises that can be repeated with wider participation in, your team. All the handouts and even the presentation will be available, for you to take away (on a pen drive) for sharing back in the office
Jane Galloway is a fundraising, marketing and communications consultant with over twenty years experience of working in the not for profit sector, including working for Macmillan on a £1 million capital appeal and on a £3 million appeal for a University teaching hospital in London. Jane has worked with a vast range of not for profit organisations in the healthcare, disability, conservation, environmental and education sectors and is also a Senior lecturer on the UK’s first Charity Development degree course at Chichester University. Jane assists a wide range of organisations with their training needs and ongoing strategic development.
“Thanks Jane – thoroughly enjoyed it and learned plenty”
“Fantastic. Thank you. Best training I’ve ever attended”
“A really informative and useful day – thank you!“