Data controller: Somerset Cooperative Services CIC (SCS). ICO Number: Z2711408
Data protection officer contact: Caitlyn Reynolds: firstname.lastname@example.org
What data do SCS collect: SCS may collect information each time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on the reason you are providing it. There are two types of information SCS may collect from you, including:
- Personal information, including: full name, organisation, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address. We collect this information only in connection with services we offer. For example:
- A course enquiry or booking, registration and certification. This information is needed so that we can fulfill your request for the service;
- Accounting purposes;
- If you have opted-in to receive marketing and promotional information about Cascade and SCS related services.
- Non-personal information such as:
- Website analytics data, for example IP address, pages visited and files downloaded;
- Information used to evaluate our social impact, for example number of attendees on a course;
- To evaluate and improve the quality of our services, for example via anonymous feedback forms.
SCS avoid collecting any unnecessary personal data from you.
How do SCS collect your data: To carry out our services, SCS may ask you to directly provide data in the following ways:
- Completing an online or paper-based booking form to reserve your place and allow us to communicate with you regarding services offered
- Submitting enquiries, either via online form, email, telephone or in person
- Voluntarily completing customer survey
- Using or viewing our website via your browser’s cookies
How SCS use your data: SCS has a legitimate interest to process your data in order to deliver a service to you, including:
- Service enquiries, to provide you with the information that you have asked for.
- Processing course bookings
- Processing registration
- Certifying course attendance and participation
- Providing you with important information and changes to our service
How SCS stores your data: SCS CIC complies with its obligations under Data Protection Action Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations by
- Keeping personal data up to date;
- Ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data;
- Storing and destroying data securely
- Not collecting or retaining unnecessary data;
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- Not keeping data for longer than is needed.
SCS will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required by law.
How long SCS keep your personal data: SCS keeps personal data no longer than necessary. We have review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations for those engaging in with our services. SCS are required under UK tax regulations to keep certain basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time any such data we hold will be destroyed.
Data held from general enquiries will be destroyed after 12 months.
In cases where you have you have opted-in to receive marketing and promotion materials SCS will keep necessary contact data until either:
- You notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent
- If the service is closed. In this case your data will be kept only inline with our general retention policy, unless you notify us otherwise.
Your rights and your personal data: You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- a copy of any data SCS holds (there will be no charge for the first request, but subsequent requests will be charged at £10),
- SCS CIC to correct any data that is inaccurate or out of date,
- data is erased where it is no longer necessary SCS to retain it,
- SCS provides you data we hold and/or to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- a restriction on further processing while any question of accuracy or our right to hold or process it is resolved
- To object to the processing of personal data;
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/
Sharing your personal data: Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will only be shared with the third parities for necessary reasons to run Cascade service, including:
- Third parties contracted to provide training and associated services. Providers are contractually required to protect your data and comply with this policy, the Act and GDPR Regulations
- SCS uses some third party providers for marketing and data management purposes. SCS ensure that any third party provider SCS uses for this purpose adheres (to the best of knowledge and due diligence) to the Data Protection Action 2018 and GDPR.
SCS will never sell or share your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
SCS will not use personal information for any purpose not covered by this notice and by our contract with you unless and until we have varied that contract with you and/or issued you with an amended notice.
Transfer of Data Abroad: SCS will not do this.
Automated Decision Making: SCS will not do this.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data: You are not obligated to provide your personal information to SCS. However, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to provide our products or services without it.
How to manage cookies: You can set your browse not to accept cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to our Privacy Notice: SCS may update this policy without notice. We advise checking our website regularly. The Policy was last reviewed: October 2019
Contact SCS CIC: To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the SCS Data Control Officer Caitlyn Reynolds at email@example.com. If we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on a relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
The registered office of SCS is 10 East Reach, Taunton TA1 3EW, and the company registration number is 06018662.
Contact the Information Commissioners Office: You SCS contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/