Leading and managing change
Date and time: 30th January 2020, 10am – 4pm
Location: Taunton, venue TBC
Course leader: Angela Ryland, Angela Ryland Consulting
This workshop is designed to support managers at all levels who have responsibility for helping people in an organisation adapt to and implement change. It introduces delegates to the role of leading and managing change and addresses the principal issues arising from organisational change. This is a very lively, practical workshop which encourages delegates to bring a ‘live’ change issue for discussion, to work collectively to identify good solutions. You will consider the most appropriate strategies for helping people to deal with the change that is affecting them. You will identify the essential skills and behaviours of an effective leader of change and plan methods for developing these.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of leading and managing change and its relevance and value to their organisation
- Recognise the skills and behaviours necessary to successful change leadership and have a plan to develop these
- Commit to practising change leadership in the workplace and create a plan for their approach in a real, organisation-based case.
Key resources to cascade to your team:
- Gaining commitment to a vision
- Managing individual, team and organisation agenda; stakeholder development.
- Creating a climate for change
- Consulting and influencing
- Planning a real organisation-based project
- Understanding your own attitude to change and risk.
Andrea Ryland is an experienced trainer, coach and manager with many years operational experience in Human Resources and as a people manager. She provides development programmes for a wide range of organisations in the UK and internationally. As a consultant, she works with an established client base on projects associated with leadership and management, performance management and management of change. Andrea is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
“I loved the trainer’s approach – lively, individual and eloquent.”
“Mix of content good, lots of information and lots to think about”
“Very good course – content, detail & delivery very professional”