Date and time: Friday 3rd April, 10am – 4pm
Location: Taunton, venue TBC
Course leader: Jane Galloway, Arclight Solutions
This workshop will equip you with everything you need to know about researching grant funders, applying for funding and practical grant writing techniques, enabling you to produce focused applications, helping to maximise your success rate and win new funding for your organisation – ensuring greater financial sustainability. The course will look at how to construct and present a budget and the full cost recovery model. It will also include interactive exercises and group working, to encourage peer-to-peer and shared learning.
Delegates are welcome to bring along funding applications they are currently working on or bids that have previously been submitted by their organisation, for use (if relevant) in the practical elements of the day.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Research grant makers and understand their priorities
- Getting a ‘foot in the door’ – top tips to maximise your success rate
- Writing your ‘Case for Support’ funding story/statement
- Improve your grant writing style
- Raise your profile and ‘selling’ to specialist grant funding markets
- Attracting grant maker site visits, invitations and interviews.
Key resources to cascade to your team:
- This is an interactive course, with relevant exercises that can be repeated with wider participation in your team
- The handouts and presentation will be available, for you to take away (on a pen drive) for sharing with colleagues.
Jane Galloway is a fundraising, marketing and communications consultant with over twenty years’ experience of working in the not-for-profit sector, including working for Macmillan on a £1 million capital appeal and on a £3 million appeal for a University teaching hospital in London.
Jane has worked with a vast range of organisations in the healthcare, disability, conservation, environmental and education sectors and is also a Senior lecturer on the UK’s first Charity Development degree course at Chichester University.
Jane assists a wide range of organisations with their training needs and ongoing strategic development.
“Fantastic. Thank you. Best training I’ve ever attended”
“A really informative and useful day – thank you!”
“Excellent handouts and very well presented, definitely worth the hundred mile journey”