Effective supervision and performance management
Date and time: Thursday 26th March 2020, 10am – 4pm
Location: Taunton, venue TBC
Course Leader: Gillian Jeffrey, GJ Workshops
This course is aimed at managers who are new to managing staff or volunteers or those who feel a refresher would be helpful.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Why do we have supervision
- Practical planning and preparation
- Dealing with absenteeism and recognising the signs of a more serious problem
- Managing unacceptable behaviour
- Poor performance, are they are can’t do or a won’t do?
- Motivating individuals and a team
- Creating a positive work environment.
Key resources to cascade to your team:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of supervision
- Be confident about dealing with unacceptable behaviour and poor work standards
- Recognise the importance of motivating a team and creating a positive environment
Gillian Jeffery, Trainer and consultant – Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Gillian has been a freelance trainer since 2007 and prior to that she was both Operations Manager and Lead Trainer at The Society of St James Housing Association, Southampton. Gillian has been a member of the Federation of Small Businesses since 2008. She delivers training to both the not-for-profit sector and small businesses, focusing on soft skills, people management and development.
Gillian is also an artist and provide art and craft workshops to voluntary groups in Southampton and Portsmouth.
“Gillian was an experienced manager who delivered many in-house training courses for us, which were very effective… We continue to use her as a free-lance trainer, covering a range of key areas, and I am happy to recommend her.”
“Gillian has a great understanding of her client base and holds a wealth of experience in the subjects she delivers.”
“I loved the trainer’s approach – lively, individual and eloquent.”