Effective People Management
Date and time: Tuesday 5th May, 10am – 4pm
Location: Taunton, venue TBC
Course Leader: Andrea Ryland, Angela Ryland Consulting
This workshop is suitable for those with responsibility for managing a team. It addresses the importance of a professional approach to effective people management. It offers you the opportunity to step back and think about a range of management techniques and you will explore how your personal management style shapes your working relationships.
You will also learn the importance of effective communication and feedback in managing performance issues which leaders in all organisations must address if teams are to thrive and be successful. By the end of the workshop, you will have a new understanding of workplace relationships and new strategies to use in your place of work.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the challenges involved in managing people
- Implement ways of working that will overcome common people management problems
- Understand the crucial importance of effective feedback
- Plan ways of adapting your management style to build great working relationships
Key resources to cascade to your team:
- Ways in which you can improve working life for your team members
- Methods to challenge performance problems and deal with people you find difficult to manage
- Good practice model for giving feedback to individuals
- An understanding of Emotional Intelligence to help build more effective working relationships.
Andrea Ryland is an experienced trainer, coach and manager with many years operational experience in Human Resources and as a people manager. She provides development programmes for a wide range of organisations in the UK and internationally. As a consultant, she works with an established client base on projects associated with leadership and management, performance management and management of change. Andrea is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
“Mix of content good, lots of information and lots to think about”
“Very good course – content, detail & delivery very professional”
“I loved the trainer’s approach – lively, individual and eloquent.”