12th March 2020, 10am – 4pm
How can we create community spaces that are relevant to local economic development? What is needed for these spaces to effectively support community business and be part of a movement for social change instead of gentrification? Drawing on many of the most successful examples of community organising, this workshop offers practical steps to build bridges between entrepreneurship and development, and offers tools for the building of inclusive and meaningful communities.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply basic principles of community organising.
- Develop a neighbourhood map of local organisations.
- Build strategies for targeted outreach and culture setting.
- Build strategies for building peer-to-peer business support.
Key resources to cascade to your team after:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Selected readings
|Stephanie Gamauf is a Community Organiser based in Brixton. Her background is in international development and participatory democracy. In the past she has been involved in community capacity building projects with NGOs and UN programmes in Mexico and Kenya.|
“Inspired to develop my ideas further and bring it to community near me for discussion“
“Fantastic exercises and great opportunities to network. Definitely recommend!“
- Refreshments and sandwich lunch are provided at all full day events
- Map/directions to venue will be sent to delegates. For extra networking time, please feel free to arrive half an hour before, and leave half an hour after, the time given here.
- Discounts for early booking, multiple booking, bundle with other SCS CIC support or membership of co-operative federations
- Delegates will receive certificates confirming course completion